Caution Beware of the Red Death.
“The Masque of the Red Death” by Edgar Allen Poe talks about colors in different rooms. The color black is the end of the life. Some other colors that deal with this story are blue, purple, green, orange, white, violet, and black which is the last color of life. It means death, nothing left, evil, and defeated. The progression from blue to black is from life to death. The color blue means birth, or life. Black is the sign of death.
Black is the time of your life where it comes to an end. When you are moving through life, black is the last color you will reach. Your progression through life goes by slow, but when you reach the death age it will be gone before you know it. On a time clock black is the 12:00 p.m. where it is the last hour of the day. Black symbolizes that is it time to go to heaven.
The color black relates to my life because I have gone through some deaths. My grandmother died 3 years ago and I didn’t handle it so well. I was only 11 years old and every time I would think about her I would cry. My grandmother was a very important person in my life. She taught me how to whistle and was always there for me when I needed to talk. When my grandmother got Alzheimers I didn’t really get to spend a lot of time with her. She started to forget things and didn’t talk at all. The color black is important in the story because there is a guy from the dead that is killing everyone. When you reach the color black it is forever the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment