Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter to Theresa.

       Dear Theresa, My name is Emily Stasuk and I am a freshman at The John Carroll School. During the summer I visited Ocean City for two weeks. I also was in Ocean City for my cousin’s wedding. It was amazing. There was great music and food and the ceremony was beautiful. There is a picture located to the bottom right.

       Spending time with my friends is what I mainly do during the summer to keep in touch. I had soccer try-outs for my varsity soccer team this summer. Tryouts were one week before school. I didn’t make varsity but I made junior varsity and I am very excited for this season for soccer. There is a different variety of girls on my team. We have some freshman, some sophomores and some juniors. Our first game is this Wednesday September 8; 2010. I enjoyed reading the book very much.

        There was a different variety of problems you handled very well in the book. I think you could have handled the canoe incident a little better by finding a new way to take the canoe out on a trip. The problem with your dad you handled great. You were worried about him which most people would be worried. You also took Ethan to go see him and I thought that was very sweet. I am glad your dad enjoyed seeing him and getting to know him.

       The writing in this book was a little rough at some times but you handled it very well. You didn’t take the words to harsh, but you got angry which most people would do. The author had a good way of making the book more interesting by putting the events in the order he did. Some events for a little tougher than others but you got over them and moved on in life. I think it was good that you went away to figure things out for yourself. You needed that. You had a lot on your mind that you had to handle and it wasn’t easy.


      I was wondering if you missed Ethan when you left to go figure things out?. Was it hard leaving him for the first time after you waited so long to be together?? Was it hard for you to listen to your dad yell at you and punch you in the face when he didn’t want the canoe that Ethan had fixed for him? Things like these are very hard to handle, especially when your dad had just gotten out of recovery and still had some mental problems.

       The social issue in this book is a major problem in our world today. Teenage drunk driving and adult drunk driving make our society an unhappy place for people. They have to worry about the people around them. Our people today have to worry about people leaving parties drunk and driving home. You worry that there are people out there that can get killed or injured just like your dad. This issue is an issue that will stay in your mind all the time. I left this book thinking that my family or friends can get killed by a drunk driver.

      I just want to thank you for being in the book and handling the issue and things the way you did. You made the book very interesting and I didn’t want to stop reading. My favorite part was when you and Ethan went to the hospital together and visited your dad. I thought that was very nice for you to take him and see your father. That isn’t one of the most popular things to do but you stood up and said “Hey if I am going to date this kid he is going to have to meet my father”. Your dad took it very well. He had a good conversation with Ethan about life and your dad got to know him a little better. I hope you enjoyed my letter and good luck in life.

Sincerely,



                         Emily S.

No comments:

Post a Comment