Emily Stasuk
Mrs. Zurkowski
Aquas
September 14, 2010
Book: Fighting the Current by Heather Waldorf
Topic: Teenage Drunk Driving
Search Terms:
1. What age the first drink of alcohol is.
2. Teenage deaths.
3. Teenagers.
4. Driving fatalities.
5. Number of alcoholics.
6. Alcohol and driving.
7. Why teenagers drink.
Teen Drunk Driving
One of the issues in Fighting the Current is, teenage drunk driving. Teen drunk driving kills eight teens every day. This topic relates to my book in several ways. The most important reason this topic is related to my book is because Theresa’s dad is killed by a drunk driver. In 2003, thirty-one percent of teen drivers who died in car accidents had been drinking in the car or drinking before they start to drive. Forty percent of alcohol related fatal car crashes involve teenagers. More than half of teen age deaths in car accidents are alcohol related. The average age when a teenager takes their first drink is thirteen. Eleven is the age when a boy would first take his first drink of alcohol. Three million teens in the world today are alcoholics. Yes, I am happy with my topic. I have learned a lot more about drunk driving then I knew before. This topic is impacted me because I some day in be a driver and I understand hazards of drinking and driving. It can kill you, it’s against the law, and it can kill others in the car with me. (http://www.learn-about-alcoholism.com/statistics-teenage-drunk-driving.html).

No comments:
Post a Comment